CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Someone Built the Batmobile, Batty way to spend £150,000


This Man is Nuts!

Entrepreneur Paul Garlick brought a touch of Gotham City to an East Yorkshire village this week when his £150,000 custom-built Batmobile made its first public appearance.

The 130mph car is one of just three working models and it stunned passers-by when it was road-tested in Holderness.

The vehicle took 18 months to build, is 6.5m (21ft) long and 2.5m (8ft) wide, and has a fibreglass body moulded from the original used in the 1989 Batman film.

It took 500 man hours to paint and needed 50 tins of body filler, said maker Z Cars. 'It's stunning,' said Mr Garlick, from Cheshire, who plans to cash in on the success of current film, The Dark Knight, with a string of VIP appearances.



P.S. It gets 2 Miles to the Gallon :)



6 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Thats pretty sweet, but I don't think you can get one for your birthday.

Unknown said...

Wow! I figured someone would try to build this one day. You'd have to be a millionaire just to afford the gas on this baby! But it's super sweet!

Unknown said...

2mpg? Oh well, it's how you look driving it that counts!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Batman... duh duh duh duh Batman... I rode in the original Batman car when I was on my mission. I still like it the best.

Laurie said...

I like your Bat symbol pool best.
This is a cool idea though.
Batman is the coolest
The gas mileage alone makes that crazy

Spencer S. said...

If I had the money, I would buy it for you, Nik. That is the kind of love I have for you.