CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

LeRoi Moore we will miss you!


Today I give Tribute to a Great Musician! LeRoi Moore Saxophonist for The Dave Matthews Band! He died yesterday at the age of 46. He was initially hospitalized in late June after the accident on his farm outside Charlottesville, Va. He had recently returned to his Los Angeles home to begin physical rehabilitation when complications forced him back into the hospital July 17.

It was not immediately clear what the complications were.

The band formed in 1991 in Charlottesville, Va., when Matthews was working as a bartender. He gave a demo tape of his songs to Moore, who liked what he heard and recruited his friend and fellow jazzman Carter Beauford to play drums, and other musicians.

LeRoi was part of the heart and soul of DMB! and will be greatly missed!


4 comments:

WonderKitty said...

That is so sad! And we were so close to the show! I know the bad must miss him greatly!

Unknown said...

Sad day. I hope his replacement is nearly as good.

The Giles said...

Yes yes very sad, but so good to hear from you. Stop by any time! How are things?

Laurie said...

My heart is a bit broken. This is so sad, I bet for the band it does not seem the sam. LeRoi was awesome and I am so glad I got to see him work his mellow magic live a couple time.