CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Bucket List





So last weekend Lena and I went up to the Cabin. Wonderful weekend of relaxation in the beautiful Heber Valley. I have a good friend that has a plane. He keeps it down in the Heber Airport. He is very gracious and a wonderful person. Well because we were down there he invited us to go flying again. So we headed down early and went flying. It was pretty windy and it is a pretty little plane so Lena decided not to go up....due to my warning that is was really bumpy up in the air. I think her nerves would have been shot after the flight and I want my wife to be happy.

Well the whole reason for this post is I got to cross something off my Bucket List in doing this. As we were up in the air Mike asked me...."Hey Nik do you want to fly the plane?" Um yeah that would be awesome. So he folded his arms and I took control. Yes I flew the plane. I banked a couple times and flew around. He commented that anything I did from this altitude he would not be able to recover from. It was about 5-10 min I was flying. The he took control again and said...."you want to do a Barrel Roll" That was pretty cool too. They we got closer to the airport and I text Lena saying..."we are going to do a Loop" She went outside and we did a loop as well. It was a really cool experience for me. I will forever be grateful to my friend Mike for taking me up there.

So now I can take "fly a plane" off my bucket list.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Nik that is so awesome. It is an exhilarating feeling to fly a plane. I had a friend in college who took me flying and let me fly for about 10 minutes also. Super cool Nik. I am glad you could cross that one off

Unknown said...

Did you log your hours?

WonderKitty said...

That was a fun trip and I am glad that you got to fly Mike's plane. It was super cool to watch you do that loop!