CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Happy Mission/Chile Day!!!


As many of you may have not realized today in the year of our Lord 2000 on this very day was they day I entered the MTC and embarked on an adventure that will never be forgotten. Today I always wear my Chilean Soccer Jersey in Tribute. 


When I left to the MTC is was a bitter sweet day! There was a lot going on in our family during that time. So it was hard to leave but yet I knew it was the right thing to do. 

My mothers favorite story to tell is about when we finished the orientation. We had all adequately moistened our faces. We all went to our separate exits, one out one door the rest out the other. Right before I went out the missionary door to not see my family for another 2 months (at the airport). I jumped onto a chair high above everyone else and waved goodbye one more time.  Good times!

5 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Happy Chilean Day! Sorry its not a naked day, maybe next year!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a great Chilean Day! I didn't know - I didn't get you anything!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the Chilean Day. Each year when June 20th comes I think about the fact that I entered the MTC, but I do not have traditons like yours. I should follow your example and celebrate it

Laurie said...

That was a very awesome moment. I am so glad you went on your mission. It made you a better man. Love ya Nik

Mimi said...

Very sad sad sad day for me. I was happy for you but man did I miss you. Sorry I went crazy while you were gone. I love Chile though it is an amazing place. I would love to go back again with you. The people are so nice and thoughtful