CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Chilean Independence Day


I would just like to write a small tribute to Chile and its day of independence. Today is the day Chilean's gained their freedom from Spain. The streets are full of celebrations and the people are eating Empanadas like there is no tomorrow. There is a flag in every window and a broom on every porch. Elderly are dancing the Cueca (waving many a handkerchief) on every street corner. Wait, is that the circus coming around the corner? No! It's the Chilean National Anthem blasting from windows near and far! I hope this provided everyone with a small taste of what its like in Chile this time of year. Thanks for sharing this special day with me!

I found a pretty good youtube video for anyone who wants to know what the Cueca Dance looks like...click on the title

7 comments:

Gatnnos said...

That sounds like a lot of fun - It would be a fun time to visit Chile too! Is the weather good this time of year?

Nik English said...

they are just going to start summer so it is beautiful this time of year!!

AubGoofy said...

I am so glad you were able to go to Chile. I love it. I know how you feel I have the same love for the people of Ireland.

Laurie said...

Horry for Chile. It sounds so totally fun. I want to dance on the street corners. To bad we don't do that here on our independence day

WonderKitty said...

Nik looks so cute dancing around our appartment! Like I have my own little Chilean to entertain me!

Mimi said...

YAY for Chile! that would be a fun time to go to Chile. I would love to go again just for the Ice cream I think about it all the time. It is an amazing place and I barely got a taste of it.

WonderKitty said...

Oh, and Nik and I shared a Dreamcicle in place of the beloved Chitimoya.