CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Scoutmaster Nik


I have been a lame blogger lately. While many of you already know this I have been called as the Scoutmaster in my Ward. It is one of those callings that I always knew I would receive one day I just did not think it would be till I was in my Late 30's or 40's.

When I was young scouts was one of my favorite times, days spent playing football in the snow and making ice caves. Another time I remember was down in San Rafael when all the trees were so dry and we broke all the dead branches of pretending that we were knights or ninjas. I will stop there with the lame scout stories.

My Scoutmasters name is Steve Marshall. He is one of the most brilliant men I know. I learned a lot from him. He used to read us Pat McMannas Stories. He is also a master scriptorian. He would tell us stories of the Prophets and Pioneers that he has read is some pioneer journal or vague reference. I learned a lot from him.

Also all of my greatest childhood friends were scouts with me. I had 3 friends in particular that we all had our birthdays within a 2 week span of each other. We got baptized, received the priesthood, got our eagles scouts and went on missions all together. It was fun to have such close friends.

Well I hope and pray that I can be even close to as cool as my scoutmaster was.

8 comments:

WonderKitty said...

You are a great scout master! Your boys already love you and you have so much to teach them!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll do a great job. You're still enough of a kid to make it fun for them.

AubGoofy said...

You always loved scouts. I remember you and Blake and the other boys. You will be a great scout master.

Laurie said...

I think it is awesome that you had such a fabulous experience in scouts. Steve M is a master and what a great example for you. I know you are so awesome for those boys And they will have great memories also

fallen_angel said...

Hey! You found me! I like this name that you gave my blog...even though it's not really fitting. But, thanks!

CTuna's Cavern said...

Now aren't you glad your Dad stayed on you Mr Eagle Scout Master Man. You will be wonderful.

Mimi said...

Nik you will be Awsome!! You are so much fun thta just being you makes scouts fun. Plus if you ever need help I am sure you could call Steve and he would be more then delighted to help you plan something.

bugzzwife said...

Nik I loved your post. I finally posted tonight it's not as hard as I thought. I love the scoutmaster photo.