CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 09, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

This is a tag from Lena's Blog I thought would be fun.

We all have them. Things we don't tell our friends or family that we do, or watch, or read, or think about. He are mine:

CARTOONS!



Duh Nik that was stupid! Yes I know I have already said something about this it a previous post. But I really love Cartoons. Mostly those of the superhero variety. See previous post!


WWE Wrestling



This is one that I hesitate to disclose. There is something about this that brings back memories of hanging out with my friend Blake in his basement cheering for Jake "the Snake" Roberts, Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant. Now it is just silly to watch and I love watching new stars like Rey Mysterio, John Cena & Finlay. It is like a soap opera for guys. Yes, yes, I know it is not real! But i still like it anyway! In fact I know all the in's and out's of how they do it. It is not previously choreographed...if you want to know the secret come and talk to me.

Wrestling with my Nephews and Nieces



I don't know if I really would call this a Guilty Pleasure but I love Wrestling with them. We have a whole competition going on. At first I started wrestling with little Spencer because he was being a really picky eater. We would tell him that he would not get super strength if he did not eat his food and I would win. Well it worked really well. We got him to eat many a vegetable that way. Now is has extended on to others in the family as well Noah, Kristin, Allie, Kara (a little bit) & Christopher. We all have finishing moves and special moves we use. We bought a belt at Toys are Us that we compete for. It is quite the involved event now. I look forward to any family party we attend that we will have a match and we prepare for them all week.


Christmas Lights



I have always loved christmas lights. When I was a young lad my parents did not catch the christmas light bug. I think it was mainly because the did not want to take the time to put them up. When I turned 13 or so I took it upon my self to get it done. I told my dad if he bought the lights I would put them up. He agreed and I came up with a system. I measured each strand and made sure they would fit on out roof. I labeled them and packed them up in a special way so it would be easy to put them up. Every year I would celebrate Christmas Light Day! After a few years other people on my street started catching the bug as well. Then there was a friendly competion that brewed between myself and a couple others on the street. Namely Steve Walker and Steve Ostler. It does make me sad that I can not put up lights anymore. Someday I will have a home of my own! For now I enjoy the lights at Temple Square!

if I think of some more I will add them at a later date!

3 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Great post baby! You had some good things on there. I love the lights too, and I know you will do our future house justice!

Unknown said...

I love Christmas lights, too. You can put them up at my house whenever you want! No one here wants to do it.

Laurie said...

Love this post. I love the Christmas lights too and I am starting to love all the super heroes cartoons so I can talk to Noah about them. I also love the Wrestling matches. The kids get so involved and excited